Subject: Re: [boost] [uitility/result_of] CodeGear support of result_of
From: Daniel Walker (daniel.j.walker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-16 19:34:23

On Jan 16, 2009, at 6:17 PM, siliconman wrote:
> In article <gkpk2n$22v$1_at_[hidden]>,
> Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Isn't it, rather, that Boost.Config wrongly detects the compiler has
>> decltype support?
>
> Well, decltype support is there, but this looks like yet another bug
> in CodeGear's templates and it just happens to be in a use case with
> decltype.

When did codegear begin decltype support? The current codegear config
header configures Boost to assume decltype for all versions, which
seems suspect.

If codegear supports decltype well enough to configure Boost to use
it, but not well enough to enable a C++0x-style result_of
implementation, we could revert to the old result_of for the specific
codegear version until someone finds a workaround or codegear's C++0x
support matures. I don't have access to codegear myself.

Daniel Walker