Subject: Re: [boost] [SVN Configuration] Request an additional MIME typeto support Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-19 05:14:39

>> Peter Foley wrote on 2007-08-23 11:52:25 GMT:
>> > Should I simply update my local configuration file to include the line:
>> >
>> > *.svg = svn:eol-style=native; svn:mime-type=image/svg+xml
>> >
>> > Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> With this autoprop set, `svn add` gets into trouble (at least for me)
> adding a
>> file with extension .svg. I had to change the svn:mime-type to
> text/svg+xml to
>> get it to work.
>
> I've got
>
> *.svg = svn:eol-style=native; svn:mime-type=image/svg+xml
>
> And it previously worked OK for me.
>
> And many existing files are of type image/svg+xml
>
> Now when I try to add a new svg file
>
> I get
>
> Command: Add
> Error: File
> Error:
> 'I:\boost-sandbox\math_toolkit\libs\math\doc\sf_and_dist\graphs\laplace_pdf.
> svg'
> Error: has binary mime type property
>

> Since svg is actually pure xml, text.svg+xml might make more sense.
>
> But something appears to have changed.

The existing .svg files have the property svn:mime-type=image/svg+xml set,
but *not* the svn:eol-style property.

BTW image/svg+xml is the recomended Mime type for SVG's, but since they
don't display in a web browser correctly when served from SVN (probably some
SVN pluggin error?), we might actually be better off with text/xml as the
mime type :-(

Anyhow stop trying to set the eol-style and try again.

HTH, John.