Subject: Re: [boost] [SVN Configuration] Request an additional MIME typeto support Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-19 11:44:57

On
> Behalf Of John Maddock
> Sent: 19 January 2009 10:15
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] [SVN Configuration] Request an additional MIME typeto
support
> Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)

> >> With this autoprop set, `svn add` gets into trouble (at least for me)
> > adding a
> >> file with extension .svg. I had to change the svn:mime-type to
> > text/svg+xml to
> >> get it to work.
> >
> > I've got
> >
> > *.svg = svn:eol-style=native; svn:mime-type=image/svg+xml
> >
> > And it previously worked OK for me.
> >
> > And many existing files are of type image/svg+xml
> >
> > Now when I try to add a new svg file
> >
> > I get
> >
> > Command: Add
> > Error: File
> > Error:

'I:\boost-sandbox\math_toolkit\libs\math\doc\sf_and_dist\graphs\laplace_pdf.
> > svg'
> > Error: has binary mime type property
> >

> > Since svg is actually pure xml, text.svg+xml might make more sense.
> >
> > But something appears to have changed.
>
> The existing .svg files have the property svn:mime-type=image/svg+xml set,
> but *not* the svn:eol-style property.
>
> BTW image/svg+xml is the recomended Mime type for SVG's, but since they
> don't display in a web browser correctly when served from SVN (probably
some
> SVN pluggin error?), we might actually be better off with text/xml as the
> mime type :-(
>
> Anyhow stop trying to set the eol-style and try again.

Command: Add
Error: File
Error:
'I:\boost-sandbox\math_toolkit\libs\math\doc\sf_and_dist\graphs\laplace_pdf.
svg'
Error: has binary mime type property

SVN properties of my new svg says:

svn:mime-type image/svg+xml

my SVN Config is

*.svg = svn:mime-type=image/svg+xml

.xml in config is

*.xml = svn:eol-style=native; svn:keywords=Id; svn:mime-type=text/xml

So should I try this?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow