Subject: Re: [boost] [1.38.0] beta 2 release candidate
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-29 17:53:32

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Fawcett" <michael.fawcett_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:42 PM

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM, vicente.botet <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Well, I think that this has been discused already. A lot of people prefer the fonctianalities provided by this page http://beta.boost.org/doc/libs/ compared to 'libs/libraries.htm' in the distribution because it is a superset. I don't kwno which technology use this page. Is there a technical issue to dont include this kind of pages on the distribution?
>
> Not that it matters this late in the game (or at all?), but I prefer
> the former page.
>
> The libs/libraries.htm page really has some usability issues. Having
> all of the Summaries, Author, Release Date, etc always visible makes
> scrolling through the list extremely tedious. Not to mention the fact
> that the Alphabetical option doesn't even sort correctly.

Hi,

you are right. The advantage of the view http://beta.boost.org/doc/libs/ is that we can add multiple view. Maybe a summarized view could be added (something like in Categorized but without the categories). What about adding Sorted By Author page?

Please could you signal the Alphabetical error?

Thanks,
Vicente