Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] Version 3 request for comments
From: Jorge Lodos Vigil (lodos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-02 08:28:37

Beman Dawes wrote:

> A prototype implementation of version 3 of Boost.Filesystem
> is available for comment.

> I've got some specific issues I'd like opinions on, but would
> first like to hear comments from anyone interested.
>
> --Beman

Hi
First of all, thank you for your work in the filesystem library.
Apparently the new version have wchar_t internal representations for all Windows OSs. However, Windows 9x versions do not support wchar_t (at least natively).
I'm not sure if dropping support for Windows 9x is desired, but it would certainly be a difference with previous versions.
In case you need any help with these platforms I'll be glad to do what I could.

Best regards
Jorge