Subject: [boost] [Serialization] Need help with binary archive deserialization error
From: George van Venrooij (george.van.venrooij_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-03 18:26:20

Hi,

   I just ran into an issue with serialization which is very peculiar.
When serializing a complex class structure to an archive all goes well
without errors.

   However, when trying to read back the data it works with all xml and
text archive types, but when using binary archives I get an archive
exception while loading.

   The exception occurs while loading an array of 3 doubles. From what I
can make up out of the code, the archive says there are 20 bytes to
load, while the library expects 24.

   Apparently I'm doing something that has no effect for text-based
serialization, but does for binary. Since I didn't find any posts or
tickets for this issue I assume I have made a mistake somewhere, only I
have been looking for hours and cannot seem to find it. So any
suggestions on where to look would be welcome, even the obvious ones ;-)

Regards,

   George van Venrooij