Subject: [boost] boost serialization and alignment
From: meir shoham (m_shoham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-04 02:13:14

Hi,

When I'm setting struct member alignment as 1 BYTE in visual studio 2005 project environment (C++), I receive alignment error coming from boost serialization library (STATIC_ASSERT) at compilation time.

This problem does not happen when I wrap the structures containing the boost serialization template methods using #pragma pack(push,1) and #pragms pack(pop). I'm using boost only to serialize/deserialize strctures and classes to/from XML.

Is there a problem for boost serialization library to handle alignment other then the default one?

Thanks,
Meir