Subject: Re: [boost] Coverity Static Code Analysis
From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro.prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-04 13:46:17

raindog_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Perhaps you shouldbt use or follow boost since it appears so fraught with ill design and poor quality. I personally have found it otherwise.

I don't use it. And I only follow the mailing list in proximity
of release dates, as I'm still (somehow :-)) a maintainer of
dynamic_bitset.

But that wasn't really the point. As I said in another post,
Boost is no worse than a lot of software we use everyday. Which
shows in what state of pre-history our field is. Just don't
"join the crowd" and think that things *have* to go that way.
You'd be fooling yourself and others.

(I have yet to understand why people have come to be so tolerant
of defects in software: if I visit a shop to buy a TV and the
salesclerk tells me that the model I like is defective then I
don't buy it. I'd bet most people do the same. Yet, for
software...)

Nice to know :-)

--
Genny