Subject: Re: [boost] [1.38.0] branches/release frozen
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-07 08:56:13

vicente.botet wrote:

>> I don't think it's worth mentioning warning removals, if we go into
>> that level of detail the interesting changes will get lost in the
>> verbiage. Minor changes should be expected. That said, I don't think
>> we have a clear policy on this.
>
> I want only to help makeing a better release note. IMO it is interesting to see how the libraries evolve, so any detailled information is welcome. Maybe the minor changes must go in a specific section. Why not have a section for libraries with major changes, another for minor changes and another for libraries with only patches, documentation, warning or inspection removal modifications, ..

As a side note, some projects out there employ dual change list. The one
that goes into the News page enlists only major changes and a link to
the second one with more detailed description. The latter one is often
compiled from particular tickets that were solved in this release.

I'm not suggesting to do the same in this release, but this looks like a
good practice to follow in future to me.