Subject: [boost] [log] Review-ready version in the Vault
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-08 10:58:54

After a long time of documenting, polishing and testing I'm glad to
announce that Boost.Log has reached the level where public review
request can be submitted. The automatic tests aren't entirely complete,
however, the basic functionality is covered and most of what is not
covered has been tried by hand.

Major changes since my last publicly announced version:

* Substantial documentation improvement.
* Added several Windows-specific sinks: Event Log (simplified and
advanced), Windows debugger and experimental Event Trace for Windows
Vista and later.
* Loggers now consist of a number of independent features that can be
composed the way the user needs. User-defined features can be developed
and injected into the mix.
* Attribute value extractors improved. With the new extract function
attribute values can be extracted from the attribute values view by
employing lambda functors.
* Some files and classes were moved or renamed to improve code clarity
and shorten names.
* A number of bugs fixed.
* Added tests.

The archive with the library source code, tests and docs is available in
the Vault:

http://tinyurl.com/cm9lum

The online docs are also available on the SourceForge page:

http://boost-log.sourceforge.net

The latest code snapshot can be downloaded from CVS on the SourceForge
project page:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost-log

The code should be compatible with Boost 1.38. Might also work with
1.37, but I didn't try.

Comments are welcome.