Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Review-ready version in the Vault
From: Peter Simons (simons_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-11 06:30:52

Hi Andrey,

the latest version of the library compiled fine on Linux and Windows,
and it also succeeded all regression tests. Thank you for your efforts.

Now that I have actually experimented with the code, I realize that
there is no portable implementation of syslog(3), i.e. your library
cannot submit log entries to syslog from non-POSIX platforms, like
Windows. Maybe I am missing something terribly obvious?

Anyway, the ability to access syslog is important to me, but I don't
have the time to implement an appropriate sink myself. So, if there is
some sort of wish-list for things that will be added, I'd be very happy
to see this particular feature on that wish-list. I suspect some other
people who work primarily with heterogeneous networks will share that
sentiment.

Take care,
Peter