Subject: Re: [boost] Detecting reuslt_of support - Error with VC 9
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-10 20:30:41

AMDG

Stjepan Rajko wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Joel Falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I've developepd this code snippet to detect if a type has the proper inner
>> types for supporting result_of protocol :
>>
>> http://codepad.org/mcY4K7Sf
>>
>> It works fine under gcc and icc but fail under VC 9 with the following error
>> :
>>

> I have something that has a similar goal, but it requires you to
> specify the function signature:
> http://tinyurl.com/bvbaba

This test using the old phoenix result protocol failsl on vc9.

#include <boost/dataflow/signals/connection/detail/result_of_defined.hpp>
#include <boost/mpl/assert.hpp>

class test {
    template<class T1, class T2>
    struct result { typedef int type; };
};

int main() {

BOOST_MPL_ASSERT_NOT((boost::signals::detail::result_of_defined<test()>));
}

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe