Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Review-ready version in the Vault
From: Vladimir Batov (batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-11 00:32:51

> > I honestly think that having "loggers as class members" is a bad idea.
>
> why do you think that?

Because in my book a class represents a certain domain-specific abstraction
and encapsulates the data and behavior relevant to that abstraction. A
logger does not fit that description for me. Come to think of it, I never
actually had even such a need. As I indicated my usage pattern is to
retrieve a logger by its name (well, a handle to it) when its needed (on the
file level or the function level). Once retrieved, I keep that reference
around (again, on the file level or the function level) for efficiency
purposes. I understand Andrey's library provides that kind of behavior.

V.