Subject: Re: [boost] [function] bug
From: Okko Willeboordse (okko.willeboordse_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-11 06:56:45

Edward Diener <eldiener <at> tropicsoft.com> writes:

> I can verify that you are correct in that the lines are a bug when
> BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS is defined. Probably no one has run into this
> because no oned uses a compiler with exceptions turned off against the
> function library

It was not my compiler (VS2008), it was my static code checker.

When Exceptions are enabled in VS the compiler defines _CPPUNWIND
and then BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS is not defined by ...\config\compiler\visualc.hpp.

My static code checker wasn't aware of _CPPUNWIND and therefor
BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS got defined, resulting in lot's of errors.

Now when I turn-off exceptions in VS2008 I get more or less the same
errors as with the static code tooling.

Kind regards,

Okko Willeboordse