Subject: [boost] [1.39.0] Open for merging
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-11 08:55:59
The release branch (https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release)
is open for merging all stable changes from trunk, including bug fixes
and major upgrades to existing libraries. Breaking changes should be
coordinated via the mailing list with the developers of the other
New libraries may be added, but only with the permission of a release manager.
In other words, except for new libraries, merging changes *does not*
need permission from a release manager. I.e. just do it!
The release schedule:
* March 13, 2009: branches/release closed for new libraries and
breaking changes to existing libraries. Still open for bug fixes and
other routine changes to all libraries.
* March 20, 2009: Release managers start QA checks.
* April 3, 2009: branches/release closed for major code changes. Still
open for serious problem fixes and docs changes.
* April 10, 2009: branches/release closed for all library changes
except when specific permission given by release manager(s).
* April 17, 2009: Beta release target date. Further betas and/or
release candidates as feedback dictates.
* May 1, 2009: Release ship date.
Links relating to this release:
* Google Calendar with the release schedule:
* Release schedule explanation:
* Release practices for developers:
--Beman Dawes, Daniel James, Eric Niebler, Rene Rivera
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk