Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review Request: Boost.String.Convert
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-17 17:27:41

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Stewart, Robert
<Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 17, 2009 3:10 PM
> Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> The discussion originated from the desire to improve upon lexical_cast for some particular use cases. I suggested the possibility of widening the scope beyond just string conversions. If there is no agreement to widen the scope, so be it. Don't throw out convert because it exceeds a scope not yet fully established.

If I'm not mistaken, the proposed library is about string conversions.
The wider scope can't be understood or appreciated from within a
to_string/from_string discussion.

If you want to consider to_string and from_string a starting point for
a more generic convert() interface, fine -- but that's still a
separate interface that should be outside this discussion.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.