Subject: Re: [boost] [1.38] PDF docs release candidate available
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-18 13:27:08

> It looks to me as though a more serious problem is all the columns seem to
> be the same width, not automatically made to fit as well as possible.
> (There might be an FOP option for this but I haven't found one yet).

No, since all the cells have content that's too long to fit, it just chooses
equal-width cells, which is pretty reasonable IMO.

> I also note that the 'wrap-over' happens when the string is too long to
> fit
> - so it might be avoided by splitting it by hand into two or more strings.
> The Notes:, for example, wrap perfectly.

I need to narrow this down some more, and check I have the latest XEP
version: it appears that as soon as you put an fo:inline element inside a
table then line wrap gets turned off :-(

> Or we could 'complain' to RenderX - they were helpful last time I raised a
> query?

Let me see if I can create a reduced test case first and figure out what's
going on.

I'll also look into the more general issue of long lines of code bleeding
off the page edge...(which should be fixable using xsl:param's)

John.