Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion] C++0x support?
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-19 09:14:37

On 02/18/09 20:06, Andrew Sutton wrote:
[snip]
> use of new language features and their impact library design. Part of this
> has been a small-adaptation of the MPL to variadic templates, which we're

Would the existing variadic template adaptation of mpl in the boost
vault be helpful? It's in mpl-vt.zip here:

http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?&directory=variadic_templates

The .zip contains:

   c++committee/VariadicTemplatesExperiences.txt

indicating how complete the conversion was.

I would be interested in helping. I'd alos like to figure out
why at least some of mpl and fusion could be merged, in
particular the tuple templates. There's an example
tuple implementation in the .zip file which attempts this.
I've got various other versions lying around which make use
of the aligned_types.2.zip in the the same vault directory.
The reason for those versions is to achieve the space saving
required by some persons:

However, since it used metaprogramming so much, I figured
it couldn't compete with the boost_pp version currently
in fusion (the fusion::vector).