Subject: Re: [boost] [documentation] help - SFINAE confuses doxygen
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-24 07:52:36

On
> Behalf Of Stefan Seefeld
> Sent: 22 February 2009 14:35
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] [documentation] help - SFINAE confuses doxygen
>
> Have you tried Synopsis (http://synopsis.fresco.org) ?
>
> David Abrahams tried it out a long time ago, as a result of which I
> applied many improvements. I still generate boost docs with it from time
> to time, but don't maintain official docs anywhere for it.

It looks very interesting (though I thought the layout shown was a bit
thinly spread out).

(Though I think we should not lose sight of the considerable advantages to
be gained from using Doxygen even 'as is' either standalone or in autodoc
mode with Quickbook .

Things as trivial as a list of macros (commented of course) can save users a
lot of hassle.

But I agree it doesn't do all we want yet.

We should also consider asking for improvements - Doxygen is being active
maintained (as I discovered when I suggested (wrongly as it turned out) that
some definitions might not be output).

But a 'more tame' support would of course be even better ;-)

> I would be interested to help get things up and running again, if people
find it useful.

To let the Pythonly/Unixly challenged get a feel for what it will do on
their pet project, posting a standalone Windows MSI would be a big help.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse