Subject: Re: [boost] [documentation] help - SFINAE confuses doxygen
From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-22 09:34:49

Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:

> Eric Niebler wrote:
>

>> In my experience, doxygen doesn't handle advanced C++ very well at
>> all. I have sometimes had to resort to hand-editing doxygen's output,
>> which pretty much defeats its purpose.
>>

> Thanks Steven, Eric,
>
> I am using doxygen standalone for now.
>
> I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I have to treat doxygen as little more than an alternative to direct html editing because its extraction capabilities prove near useless to me.
Have you tried Synopsis (http://synopsis.fresco.org) ?

David Abrahams tried it out a long time ago, as a result of which I
applied many improvements. I still generate boost docs with it from time
to time, but don't maintain official docs anywhere for it.

I would be interested to help get things up and running again, if people
find it useful.

Thanks,
       Stefan