Subject: Re: [boost] [Python] GSoC and Python 3.0 Support
From: Ravi (lists_ravi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-09 15:54:07

On Monday 09 March 2009 13:21:23 Haoyu Bai wrote:
> If Boost will participate in this year's Summer of Code, I'd like to
> contribute my knowledge of Python 3 migration to Boost.Python, by
> implement Python 3.0 support for it.

That would be wonderful. It is one of my most wanted features[1] in
boost.python. Please post a message to the python c++-sig (cplusplus-
sig_at_[hidden]). I'd be happy to provide any testing help.

Regards,
Ravi

[1] My most wished for features (in order of decreasing priority):

1. Thread safety
2. PyFinalize support
3. Easier methods to write to_python/from_python converters
4. Python 3.0 support
5. Ability to extend the fundamental PyTypeObject used by boost.python