Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Polynomial library review begins today
From: Ross Levine (ross.levine_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-10 11:13:36

After review, I can't find any support for polynomials over finite
fields. I would argue that no polynomials library is complete without
this functionality built-in. At the very least, one should be able to
specify an irreducible polynomial in a finite field and use that as
the basis for another field. Better would be a way to know if some
polynomial is irreducible over its field. This library doesn't help me
much without that functionality.

I think the library needs this functionality very badly.

I think the interface is fine, few complaints. Maybe allow other
containers, and make partially specialized templates for vectors if
available on a compiler?

Documentation needs proofreading and some fixing, there's some
grammatical issues.

I haven't actually compiled it though. I read the code and documentation.

Should it be in boost? Only if someone adds the requested
functionality at some point.

Ross Levine