Subject: [boost] How to build 32 bits boost library on a 64 bits platform
From: Qihong Wang (qihongwang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-21 16:58:57

Hello,

My platform is a 64 bits Linux with gcc. My program needs to link a 32 bits
library without source code and other
libraries with source code. I wrote a script to build those libraries with
source code by

./configure --prefix=$install_prefix CFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wall -m32"
CPPFLAGS=-m32 CXXFLAGS="-g -O2 -m32"
make install

Then start to build my executable through Makefile with -m32 flag either.
The configure and make install work for other libraries but not work for
boost. The boost libraries were compiled and
installed but still 64 bits. Linker refused to link it. Is there any simple
approach to build 32 bits boost on 64 bits Linux?

Thanks,

Qihong