Subject: Re: [boost] [Endian] Version 0.10 available - Binary I/O added
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-21 17:21:47

> Beman Dawes wrote:
> > Version 0.10 of the Endian Integers library is available.
> >
> > Docs:
> > http://mysite.verizon.net/beman/endian-
> 0.10/libs/integer/doc/endian.html
> >
> > Zip:
> > http://mysite.verizon.net/beman/endian-0.10.zip
> >
> > Sandbox:
> > http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/endian
> >
> > This version adds binary I/O for both endian integers
> > (<boost/integer/endian_binary_stream.hpp>) and C++ built-in types +
> > std::string (<boost/integer/endian_binary_stream.hpp>).
>
> Oops! That last header is actually <boost/binary_stream.hpp>
>

> > Support for C++0x features has also been added, ensuring that an
> Endian
> > integer on C++0x is a POD.
> >
> > Comments appreciated!
> >
> > My Endian TODO list is pretty well cleared, so there are comments to
> the
> > contrary, the library will be submitted for formal review in a few
> days.

I switched the binary parser/generator classes in Spirit2.x to your new
version of the endian library and everything works fine (even while
enforcing POD'ness). The only changes I needed to apply resulted from the
added scoped enum support.

What Boost version do you expect this to be added to?

Regards Hartmut