Subject: Re: [boost] Back to Boost.SIMD - Some performances ...
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-26 14:56:27

Felipe Magno de Almeida a écrit :
> Could the library's interface match a GPGPU implementation?
> Creating operations result in shader compilations, so there would
> have to be a way to save these operations. Like
> boost::function<vec(vec, vec)>for the performance to be worth. Do you
> see a way to do this with your library? (This is using a OpenGL
> implementation).
Well, i have a similar system planned in the matrix library that
Boost.SIMD is extarcted from (http://nt2.sourceforge.net).
I think it's slightly out of scope for a strictly SIMD library.

Implementationwise, it is doable I think as the core library is already
split up upon extension detection. Adding another level is easy. But I
fear the performance won't be that great as we'll run lots of small
scale operation when GPGPU prefer large amounts of data (hence this
being more a model for a matrix library).

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35