Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] interest check for BigDecimal class
From: Arash Partow (arash_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-29 11:11:34

kannan venkat wrote:
don if i am wrong). Please let me know if
> there is scope to work on that.
> One more feature missing in boost is a BigDecimal class.Would it be good
> idea to implement the BigDecimal class with all their functionalities
> -overloading all arithmetic,assignement & comparison operators , functions
> for other basic operations.

Not sure what a "BigDecimal" type is meant to be, but seeing as
though there is a potential candidate for a BigInt you could use
that to produce an arbitrary precision interface type (this specific
implementation will be rational).

Some of the other developing projects such as the computational
geometry libraries will in the long run require such a capability.

Arash Partow
Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net