Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] fixed size matrix class?
From: Mike Tegtmeyer (tegtmeye_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-30 10:15:34

I apologize for being late to the thread but I'd like to invite folks to
take a look at cvalarray in the boost vault. I wrote this a few years ago
and has been in active use in our organization for years now and I've seen
it around the net-mostly in raytracing circles. (Actually, I've seen it
referenced as boost::cvalarray because they obtained it from the vault) I
basically accomplishes the "small fixed sized numeric array" requirement
and can be used as base for small matrix class as well. There is an
internal version here that also uses SIMD (intel) for the underlying
operations. I asked for an interest check on the list many moons ago but I
only seemed to get a lukewarm reception. In any case, it is complete, uses
expression templates to eliminate temporaries, requires nothing outside of
the language, is self-contained in one file, and is well tested. Unless
there is heartburn with the interface or underlying implementation, It
basically just needs to be boostified and integrated into the build
system. Take a look and see if it either meets your needs or could be used
as a jumping off point.

Mike