Subject: [boost] GSoc Proposals - some friendly advice
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-01 01:23:19

I've been looking through the GSoc proposals with some bemusement.

Most of the proposals are projects that will thake MUCH, MUCH more than a
summer.

I know "But I've almost got it working". I don't think that one can fullly
appreciate
the effort it takes to make a boost library. I know its very easy to get
started.
I'm here to tell you its very hard to finish. It's so much more than
writing the code.
Theres the tests, getting them to pass on all platforms, getting the design
past the
criticism an reveiws.

So here's my advice.

Pick something really small that you know you can finish in three months. If
you
finish too soon, we can give you something else to do.

Robert Ramey