Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS bug
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-14 14:07:25

First of all, I should say I'm really embarassed to find such an
idiotic oversight on my part.

I've got no problem in seeing this checked into the trunk.
However, I don't think checking in a change directly into the
release branch is a great idea. This file is included by anything
in the library that throws an exception. Without comprehensive
testing, it's impossible to know that there will be no unexpected
repercussions. These repercussions could hold up the release
of ALL libraries for 1.39.

On the other hand, we know the repercussions
of letting this slide to the next release. One (very important) user
will have to patch his local copy until the next release.

I think the best is to check it into the trunk and let it
migrate into the release using the normal procedure.

Robert Ramey