Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon lodging
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-20 09:34:04

Sebastian Redl wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Second, is anyone interested in sharing a room at a place where this
> actually is cheaper? (And do you have recommendations for such a place?) I
> have to pay for lodging myself and would like to reduce the costs.

I'm staying at the meadows (which is truly fantastic), but just FYI,
Aspen is pretty empty at that time of year... I think the problem will
be more to find a hotel that is open, than to find one with an empty
room. Aspen is an upscale town, I doubt there is much that one really
should avoid.

This link will give you a sense of where the center of gravity of
food/drink is in Aspen:

   http://tinyurl.com/dfafbt

You'll probably be walking back and forth from this area to the
northwest end of town (where the conf. center is) a couple times per day
regardless of where you stay. So anywhere along that route would be
convenient.

HTH, see you there,

-t