Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon lodging
From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-20 19:48:38

troy d. straszheim wrote:
> Sebastian Redl wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Second, is anyone interested in sharing a room at a place where this
>> actually is cheaper? (And do you have recommendations for such a
>> place?) I
>> have to pay for lodging myself and would like to reduce the costs.
>
> I'm staying at the meadows (which is truly fantastic), but just FYI,
> Aspen is pretty empty at that time of year... I think the problem will
> be more to find a hotel that is open, than to find one with an empty
> room. Aspen is an upscale town, I doubt there is much that one really
> should avoid.

   My wife played in the music festival a few summers back. Festival
players are there most of the summer, so they tend to get apartments.
Hers was in the closest to low rent part of town there is, and it was
fine. It was also not hard to get to things, though she was across town
from the meadow. Town just isn't all that big.

                        John