Subject: Re: [boost] [mpi] Automatically Cascading/Nested Reduce?
From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-21 09:16:12

Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:46 AM, John Phillips
> <phillips_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> What MPI implementation are you using?
>>

> I'm using OpenMPI version 1.2.6 on Gentoo Linux.

> I haven't looked at whether OpenMPI does what I'm looking for that's
> why I was asking if it might be worth implementing at the Boost.MPI
> layer. Although it would be nice if OpenMPI did it for me in the first
> place. ;-)

Their current version is 1.3.1, and I know the transition to 1.3
included a number of performance optimizations in the code. They also
have a fairly active, and quite responsive user list, with good
involvement from the developers. So, as a first step, I'd suggest
checking with them. I don't think Doug's intent when he submitted
Boost.MPI was to have it evolve into a MPI implementation, so I don't
know that he would want to add something like this. (He is, obviously,
the one to ask to be sure.)

                        John