Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] mpl::string, help needed (vacpp, sun, borland)
From: Dmitry Goncharov (dgoncharov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-22 05:25:13

Eric Niebler wrote:

> Dmitry Goncharov wrote:
>> I ported mpl::string to sun c++ 5.9 (sunos_sparc) and made sure all
>> tests in libs/mpl/test/string.cpp pass.
>> Also verified that gcc-4.3.3 passes all tests on linux with the patch
>> applied.
>> Please, find the patch in the attachment.
>
> Terrific, thanks. A few observations ... your change to
> libs/mpl/test/string.cpp looks spurious. Can you comment? Also, your
> change to string.hpp causes extra template instantiations for all
> platforms, instead of just for sun where it's needed. Can you put your
> change under a #ifdef BOOST_WORKAROUND? That would be ideal. (Also,
> using BOOST_WORKAROUND helps compiler devs find their bugs, but an
> even better way is to file them directly if you know how.)

This version uses BOOST_WORKAROUND. Please, have a look.
Tested on sun c++ 5.9 and gcc4.3.3.
The same modifications of libs/mpl/test/string.cpp.

The patch adds #include <boost/mpl/empty.hpp> and #include
<boost/mpl/if.hpp> to boost/mpl/string.hpp on all platforms. This can
also be made only for sun. Do you think it's needed?

BR, Dmitry