Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] mpl::string, help needed (vacpp, sun, borland)
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-20 20:09:36

(Sorry for the delayed response. I've been away.)

Dmitry Goncharov wrote:
> I ported mpl::string to sun c++ 5.9 (sunos_sparc) and made sure all
> tests in libs/mpl/test/string.cpp pass.
> Also verified that gcc-4.3.3 passes all tests on linux with the patch
> applied.
> Please, find the patch in the attachment.

Terrific, thanks. A few observations ... your change to
libs/mpl/test/string.cpp looks spurious. Can you comment? Also, your
change to string.hpp causes extra template instantiations for all
platforms, instead of just for sun where it's needed. Can you put your
change under a #ifdef BOOST_WORKAROUND? That would be ideal. (Also,
using BOOST_WORKAROUND helps compiler devs find their bugs, but an even
better way is to file them directly if you know how.)

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing