Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request: Algorithm.Sorting
From: Steven Ross (spreadsort_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-30 10:57:39

I have figured out an optimization that in simple testing makes integer_sort
faster than std::sort on already-sorted data (and comparable on
mostly-sorted data), and improves performance slightly on unsorted data. As
the worse best-case performance was the main drawback to the algorithm based
upon my prior results, I was wondering if it was appropriate to delay the
review until I can get this change fully implemented and tested?

If it is proper to delay the review, I apologize for wasting people's time.
I thought I was done optimizing it, but apparently not.

I think I can finish all this up by monday.