Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] OK to build release?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-01 15:25:59

Daniel James wrote:
> 2009/5/1 Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:
>> There has been little feedback on the 1.40.0 beta release. I'm hoping
>> that is a good sign:-)
>>
>> Unless someone objects, I'll start building the actual release in an
>> hour or so.
>
> I've got a couple of changes that I'd like to merge:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/52665/trunk

This change removes the google analytics from the pre-built
docs. I could see doing this. It does have the potential for
making the release manager's life a little more painful. The
REAL fix is to boost documentation build upto snuff so
that the user could be confident that he can build the docs
on sight. For uses who can't do this, the docs could be
provided as a separate download.

> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/52674/trunk

This changes code that is subject to testing.
To merge a change like this which hasn't been tested against
the release branch would seem to me to be a really bad idea.
What is the downside of not including this for a few months
until the next release?

I'm really focused on trying to make the release process
simpler and more robust as I see it STILL imposes more than
it should upon the release manager.

Robert Ramey