Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] OK to build release?
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-04 04:57:39

Eric Niebler wrote:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> There has been little feedback on the 1.40.0 beta release. I'm hoping
>> that is a good sign:-)
>>
>> Unless someone objects, I'll start building the actual release in an hour or so.
>
> What ever happened to 1.39?
>
> Nobody ever got back to me about this issue:
> http://groups.google.com/group/boost-developers-archive/msg/875d10cf81244de0

Hmm. I wonder if this issue was ever considered by release management team,
and explicitly declared as not a release blocker? Do we even have a mechanism
to submit possible release blocker issues for consideration, and a Trac
query to search for such?

Speaking about the issue, the backtrace seem to say Boost.Jam is happily working
executing something.

1. For how long did you let Boost.Jam run? If you wait 30 mins, does it
finish?

2. If not, can you run with -d+5 option, let it run for as long as possible,
and send me last 5000 lines of the output? Note that the output may be long,
so "as long as possible" probably means "before your run out of disk space".

- Volodya