Subject: Re: [boost] [1.39.0] How to know the dependent lib's
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-04 10:36:55

Max wrote:

>> Please do not ask questions by replying to an unrelated email.
>
> That's terrible! How do you know I was asking questions by replying
> to an unrelated email? Yes. I was replying an unrelated email as a basis,
> but I believe I have changed all of the unrelated information to those
> related.
>
> How do you do that? :-)

If that's an non-rhetoric question, take a look at

        http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/189020

which clearly shows your email inside unrelated thread. The "reply-to"
command in all decent software sets In-Reply-To header, and most clients
use that to display threads, therefore replying to unrelated email make
your message appear where it might be missed, or interfere with other
discussion.

>> > I'm migrating from 1.38 to 1.39. When building my program,
>> > I got an link error like this:
>> >
>> > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
>> > 'libboost_thread-vc90-mt-1_38.lib'
>>
>> Your program appears to auto-link to 1.38.
>>
>> > I've set the correct include path and lib path for the IDE. And I've
>> > confirmed that
>> >
>> > - there's no items in the "Additional Dependendies" in the Liker section
> of
>> > the
>> > project properties dialog.
>> > - I've not introduced lib dependendies via #pragma lib directives.
>> >
>> > And it's a small program, mainly depends on boost and CGAL.
>> >
>> > I have also rebuilt all of the CGAL lib's with boost 1.39.0.
>> >
>> > I just cannot how the program depends, directly or indirectly, on
>> > libboost_thread-vc90-mt-1_38.lib.
>>
>> Have you cleaned every single object files that compise your application.
>> Are you sure you don't have include paths still pointing at 1.38?
>
> Yes, I've also double checked this aspect.

Then, I guess you get to do what Marcus Lindblom suggested -- finding
which object file grabs that library.

- Volodya