Subject: Re: [boost] git clone up
From: Christopher Currie (christopher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-08 03:09:52

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:20 AM, troy d. straszheim
<troy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> In case this reaches any other git enthusiasts, I've rigged up a git clone
> that is automatically tracking boost svn, here:
>
>  http://sodium.resophonic.com/git/boost/

There actually is another one of these:

http://git.jsharpe.net/boost.git (master)
http://repo.or.cz/r/boost.git (mirror)
git://repo.or.cz/boost.git (mirror that uses the faster git protocol)

Does it matter, since they're both Git? Well, since you're both doing
doing your own imports, the commit hashes are different, so the two
repos are incompatible, which is somewhat against the spirit of Git.

While I don't hold out hope that Boost will move to Git anytime soon
(pretty please?), perhaps it's time that boost.org have an official
Git mirror, so that folks don't end up re-inventing the wheel? Or
nominate one of these two (that we know of) to be official?

Troy, FWIW your HOWTO is very helpful! I hadn't had a need to submit
patches based off of the jsharpe repo, and was a little uncertain how
I'd go about it.

Regards,
Christopher