Subject: [boost] CMake and library requirements
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-21 12:47:45

Looking at:

   http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#Directory_structure

I see that sub-directory 'build' should contain
'Library build files such as a Jamfile'. In SVN HEAD I also see:

   libs/program_options/CMakeLists.txt

Now, cmake is clearly build system, so that file is in violation of the
above guideline. May I ask to either:

1. Have cmake folks to fix this?
2. Have the guideline adjusted, with associated moving of Jamfiles out of
'build' directory and removal of 'build' directories that become empty
as result?

The background is that I plan some work that might require adding Jamfiles
for header-only libraries and clearly having Jamfiles in build subdir while
having CMakeLists.txt one directory higher is gonna be mightly confusing.

Thanks,
Volodya