Subject: Re: [boost] trunk vs release
From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-21 14:11:26

Vladimir Prus wrote:

>> I don't quite agree. Assuming I have boost version N installed on my
>> system (no matter by what means), I may want to test a given library
>> (from whatever branch) against the installed system, not necessarily a
>> working copy of a whole boost tree.
>>

> Can you explain why -- as in specific use cases? Especially given the
> lack of source- and binary- compatibility guarantees.

May be that's precisely what I want to test. :-)
Seriously, if I'm working on a boost library, I may want to test against
different versions of boost (requisite libs). And, if some of those are
already installed, why should I have to pull out an old branch from the
repository just to regenerate them ?

Thanks,
       Stefan