Subject: Re: [boost] [Signal] Variadic template implementation of signal/slot
From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-22 13:55:45

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Kevin Brandon <staticrealm_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Would anyone be interested in seeing my implementation of Signals/Slots that
> uses the variadic template capability that will be a part of c++0x standard?
>
> It seemed to me a natural evolution for the current library that is
> Signal\Signal2. I did not baseline from the current boost code; but, if the
> interest exists, I would love to submit my code for formal review and
> equally try to integrate and respect the design decisions that already
> fostered the growth for the other two versions.

I think it would be really, really cool to have a version of Signals2
that uses variadic templates rather than preprocessor metaprogramming.
For me, personally, I'd rather see it as an alternative implementation
of exactly the same interface (switched based on
BOOST_NO_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES) rather than a separate library. But,
that's up to Frank :)

  - Doug