Subject: Re: [boost] [Graph] how to test/submit patch
From: Marshall Clow (marshall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-29 15:08:06

At 1:02 PM -0500 5/29/09, Tim Keitt wrote:
>I would like to submit a patch for the Graph library. (This is the
>iterator splitting issue I raised some time ago.)

Same answer as on the -users list ;-)

>So what is the procedure?
>
>1) check out source from sourceforge SVN (done)
>2) make changes
>3) run tests??? (what is the best way to ensure the behavior has not changed?)

Run the tests.
If you think that there should be more tests, write them.
Ideally, you should write a test that fails on the unpatched version
of the library, and succeeds after applying your patch.

>4) generate the patch (use svn diff?)

Yep.

In a Trac ticket. <http://svn.boost.org>

>I just want to be sure I'm pulling the correct tree and there is some
>means to run regressions on my changes.

Sounds good to me.

--
-- Marshall
Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall_at_[hidden]>