Subject: Re: [boost] [lexical_cast] Locale used during conversion
From: Adam Badura (abadura_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-30 12:43:50

> FWIW
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/LibrariesUnderConstruction#Boost.Convert

    Great. But it seems this might take some time. While changes I proposed
are quite simple requiring little work. As a proof of that I attach
lexical_cast.hpp changed to cover what I proposed.
    I have added classic_lexical_cast which uses std::locale::classic()
during the casting. Both version propagate std::locale object to be used. If
traditional version is used a NULL pointer is propagated so nothing actually
changes and overhead should be marginal.
    Adding a cat (or other function) which takes arbitrary object should be
easy with this code however I have not done it since I don't need it.

    What do you think about those changes? Can they be included in Boost
1.40?

    Adam Badura