Subject: Re: [boost] Change to documentation writing guidelines
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-03 12:13:15

on Mon Jun 01 2009, Daniel James <daniel_james-AT-fmail.co.uk> wrote:

> 2009/6/1 Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>:
>>
>> Thanks for pushing this through. I know I suggested this in a Trac ticket
>> and, as an end user of Boost libraries, I think it will make it easier and
>> quicker to use library functionality when header and namespace is explicitly
>> stated for the classes and functions in a library in the reference docs.
>> Hopefully library authors will follow up with this in their own
>> documentation.
>
> Yeah, this is so that I can close that ticket. I wouldn't expect
> anything new from existing documentation, although library authors may
> be willing to accept patches. Although, if you want anything more from
> the boostbook based documentation I might be able to do something.

I'm afraid to say this, because I know some of my older libraries don't
conform to the guidelines at all, but...

I think we've developed enough guidelines that it would be a good idea
for _someone_ (ahem!) to go through the docs and create tickets for all
the places where our existing documentation doesn't conform. That would
at least give lib maintainers an opportunity to face the question of
whether they're going to make the fix. :-)

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing