Subject: Re: [boost] boost::directx?
From: David Bergman (David.Bergman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-08 19:10:58

On Jun 8, 2009, at 6:58 PM, David Bergman wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2009, at 6:40 PM, Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>
>> Specifically, what platforms that library runs on is not important.
>
> It is important to the ideal of Boost, in my humble opinion (and
> interpretation of the stated goals of Boost.)

My response sounded harsh. What I think I meant is what is stopping
someone from creating a Boost-compatible and Boostesque wrapper for
DirectX? Why must it be part of the Boost libraries?

As a side note, I think a better strategy would be to create a DirectX
wrapper that is isomorphic to Managed DirectX (API), though, to ease
the transition and porting from/to .NET and XNA.

/David