Subject: Re: [boost] boost::directx?
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 05:34:40

2009/6/9 Emil Dotchevski <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]>:

> We could say "OK, no more domain-specific libraries in
> Boost!!!~!~1`~!!~111" but first we must formally define the domain of
> libraries that are acceptable in Boost. Good luck with that. :)

We don't need formal boundaries, we determine what is suitable using
the submission process. This thread suggests that a DirectX wrapper
would be rejected.

FC++ was rejected, but phoenix was accepted. We don't have a formal
rule that divides the two but there was enough of a consensus that
FC++ doesn't fit even though it is highly regarded within the boost
community. The review process relies on considered judgement rather
than a set of fixed rules. We're not lawyers.

Daniel