Subject: Re: [boost] boost::directx?
From: Christian Schladetsch (christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 05:50:24

Hi Daniel,

OK. This thread suggests that a 'system that supports DirectX
> development' would be rejected.

It could be argued otherwise. This thread already has over 75 responses. If
the case was automatically unianimous, it would be more like 5 responses.

In any case, it is not clear that the consensus is that a system that
supports DirectX is completely out of the question.

I am not naive, I grok that the idea is an anathema to boost, and that I
would face an uphill battle to get anything at all related to DirectX into
boost.

But, I am an idealog. The truth is that a lot of people that use C++ also
use DirectX. A goal of boost is to provide support for the C++ community,
and to guide best practise.

Regards,
Christian.