Subject: Re: [boost] boost::directx?
From: Christian Schladetsch (christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 06:57:07

Hello,

> Wasn't that stuff like Ogre3d do somehow.
> That's ages i didn't dip into these so take this question as a real naive
> one for the sake of the
> argument.

Yes there are systems like Ogre3D. They provide abstraction. As does SDL and
others. But, the abstractions provided are not on a professional level.

They are slow, the require conversion to and from what would otherwise be
the same thing, and in general, these 3rd party systems are just... hokey.

My original post was about the idea of providing support to developers that
use DirectX and C++ to make performant applications.

There exist libraries that abstract away DirectX or OpenGL. They are a
different thing.

Regards,
Christian.