Subject: Re: [boost] Interest check: Boost.Mock
From: Peter Bindels (dascandy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-10 07:47:35

Hello John, others,

2009/6/10 John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>

> Are there docs for Hippo Mocks we can all look at?

Of course, I forgot to add them.

There is a tutorial for using it at:
http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/hippomocks/Tutorial_3_0

There is a preliminary (and incomplete) list of supported compilers and
systems at:
http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/hippomocks/SupportedCompilerOrProcessorCombinations

I've recently tested it with the VS2010 compiler and it compiles and works
fine without any changes. I want to test it soon with the c++0x lambdas to
see if they also work.

To make using it in a project easier I've put all in a single header file
which is about 2500 lines of code. There is much repetition and duplication
that could be removed using preprocessor magic, C++0x variadic templates or
using c++0x/Boost libraries but for the sake of simple integration I haven't
so far. The one that I would integrate into boost would not have any of
these objections so the header would shrink considerably. I do have a
preliminary C++0x version for GCC 4.3+.

The code can be found at:
http://svn.assembla.com/svn/hippomocks/trunk/HippoMocks/hippomocks.h

The C++0x version of the code (which is about half the amount of lines of
code and much clearer) can be found at:
http://svn.assembla.com/svn/hippomocks/trunk/HippoMocks0x/hippomocks.h

Kind regards,
Peter Bindels